Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, November 11, 2010

I can't believe it has been a year already!

What can I say? It has been a crazy year. I am so glad that I decided to take a chance on me and get the band. I firmly believe that there is absolutely no way that I ever would have made it 70 pounds down without the band.

There is a part of me that is a little disappointed in myself because I know that with only a few minor changes, I would have been at goal weight today and not still another 25 pounds or so away. But if I was going to be totally honest with myself, I wasn't sure this would really work. I have to say that my band has worked for me inspite of me, not because of me.

I have learned to live with my new eating lifestyle (maybe, each day is different). I still enjoy a cookie or some candy and please don't take away my ice cream. But I have made it a full year and know that because I have lost 70 pounds living my life and not being a nazi about food consumption, that I can live the rest of my life with my band.

I would call that a success! What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. That is the most important part of success! Not giving up everything you love to get to where you want to be. You will get to goal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Heather. It has been just as much a mental journey as it has been a weight loss journey.

    ReplyDelete